24 Jun 2017

Less is More # 334 - Sketch 20



Hi there! How is life treating you?  I've had a wonderfully fun and busy time with friends and family staying with us.  I do love to see them all. 

I've also had a bit of a time of it with our internet service provider though. We have had appalling service this last week - so much so that I've been unable to load any web pages on my PC at home and have had to go out to cafés and bars to use their free wifi to get any Blogging, Instagram or Facebook stuff done. Hence you may have noticed a lack of presence from me this past week. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing and I'm sure it is all to do with the ISP panicking about the amount of use the changes in mobile roaming will put on their service! 

Ah well, it's perfectly lovely sat in the sunshine outside a café with a tasty cup of coffee. There are worse ways to write a blog post, aren't there?

So, today's Less is More challenge is a sketch challenge and the design team have created some beautiful interpretations of the sketch over on the challenge blog



http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/

I have just the two cards for you today (due to time constraints and the inability to upload photos quickly at the moment).

1) Floral Dandelion Dreams


Once I'd finished this card I looked at it again and thought "I've seen something like this before"...then it finally came to me. My teamie Anita made a card a while back that obviously influenced me! The link to her card is HERE.

On this one I had a little play with my distress oxides. I masked the shape, created a stencil from a die and inked through it before over-stamping with the lovely dandelion dreams florals and then added some gems to represent pollen. The sentiment was fussy cut and raised on 3d foam.


STAMPS: Clearly Besotted Dandelion Dreams
DIE: Tim Holtz Alterations confetti
INKS: Versafine vintage sepia. Distress Oxides: fossilized amber, spiced marmalade, fired brick. Distress Ink: squeezed lemonade.
OTHER: Yellow card, White linen card, Post-it notes, gold gems, 3d foam.

I'm going to enter that one in at:
Addicted to Stamps #150 - Flowers (a second entry from me)
Stampotique Designer Challenge #276 - Stencil it - Mine is a hand made stencil from a die cut (Thank you so much for selecting my card in your top three for challenge 275)
Hand Stamped Sentiments #266 - Photo Inspiration - I used the colours and the round shapes from the inspiration




2) One for the men


I'm a bit taken by the bokeh technique, aren't I? I just had to try to give it a really masculine feel this time around.

This card is headed over to:
Craft Rocket Challenge #38 for the Men/Boys
Watercooler Wednesdays Challenge #124 - Masculine anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #22 - For the Guys

STAMPS: Happy Little Stampers Mix Mash set
INKS: Versacolour ultimate white pigment ink, Distress inks in pumice stone, hickory smoke and black soot.
DIES: Lawn Fawn Stitched hillside borders. Sizzix celebration words script.
OTHER: Black pearlised card, white card blank, 3D foam pads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, that's it from me for this week.
I hope you'll get the chance to join us with this super sketch.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

24 comments:

  1. I love both of these Sharon <3 The Distress Oxide inking on the first one is gorgeous, so warm and with so much "depth" to it. The dainty dandelion heads over the top look fab! WOW to your second card with that amazing bokeh technique and dramatic black and gold colour palette. Totally loving it - it's a stunner! This is going on my "to CASE" list! Sorry about all your internet woes. What a total nuisance for you - hope things improve soon. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Esther ... two simply fabulous cards but the second one ... WOW! Elegant and stylish, just a brilliant card.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! And more WOW! Sharon! 2 brilliant takes on the sketch! Love those hot sunset oxide tones against the delicate Dandelion heads. Super neat and classy then your striking bokeh in the gold and black colours is a real eye popper and defo one to case! Hope the internet starts behaving for you but looks like you've coped brilliantly thanks to a little free cafe surfing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! And more WOW! Sharon! 2 brilliant takes on the sketch! Love those hot sunset oxide tones against the delicate Dandelion heads. Super neat and classy then your striking bokeh in the gold and black colours is a real eye popper and defo one to case! Hope the internet starts behaving for you but looks like you've coped brilliantly thanks to a little free cafe surfing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two absolutely brilliant cards. I love your masked and stamped designs with the dandelions in your first card -this was something I wanted to make but could not come up with a good design -yours is fantastic! The second card with bokeh stamping is so stylish, great for guys but I'd sure like it too! :) I hope your internet problems solve soon. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two super makes today but my personal fave's the masculine make

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both stunning, Sharon! I love the blending with the distress oxides - I have yet to invest in any. The bokeh effect on your second card is so effective - it creates a really elegant look combined with the dramatic dark card. I hope you have more success with your IT this week - when it stops working we realise how dependent we are on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can only echo the others - wow! It's your 2nd card that brought me over to your blog - it's such a striking and elegant card! Your 1st one is also so pretty. Now you've inspired me to practice bokeh in a different way from what I've done before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards as always, Sharon. But your second card is stunning! Fabulous Bokeh background and that gold diecut sentiment looks amazing against the dark cardstock. It would workt for both men or women IMO. Hope your internet issues improve. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these cards are so beautiful. Just perfect inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative, as usual, Sharon ! Two beautiful cards ! Love the dandelions over this gorgeous and bright blending ! Your masculine card is just stunning ! I've never tried yet to make a Bokeh background but I love them and yours with that colours is just...WOW ! Hope all your internet issues are settled now ! Have a fabulous weekend ! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the shout out on your first card, Sharon. Isn't it funny how we create things and then don't realise until later where the creative inspiration came from. I think it's fabulous and I love how you made the stencil from a die. And I'm with everyone else here, your second card is a triumph. LOVE how stylish it is with the pearlescent black and bokeh effect. Great choice of colour palette here too. I hope your IT issues are back on track now, how awful to be sitting outside cafes (and also lazing around in your swimming pool, not jealous at all! lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards - love 'em.
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#38 – For a boy / man}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#6 – Early summer}
    Alex' Kreative Seite


    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, glad you decided to join us at Stampotique Designers Challenge again! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you made a more manly version of this sketch. The black pearlized card stock really gives the impression of flannel suiting and the Bokeh is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your cards at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two great cards, but the second one is just edible, as it's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous cards - I love the dandelion stamp in the first one - it look so delicate. I really like the colours in your masculine card - such rich looking neutrals. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon you've created two wonderful cards. That masculine one is stunning! I love the stitched pearlized black against the bokeh effect you've stamped using a variety of neutrals. What a "wow", especially with the gold foil "happy birthday" die-cut across. Great cards! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the way you used the sketches in your designs! You created some awesome cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday for Fiona's Anything Goes Masculine Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the simplicity and especially love that you created your own stencil. Thank you for playing along with Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card... Black n gold look elegant together...
    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Rocket challenge
    DT Anila

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Card
    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge
    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card.
    Thanks for joining the Stampotique Challenge.
    xoxo Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your creations, but I will say that the second one really blew me away. The definition of elegance. I think you've inspired my Christmas card for this year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog.
It is wonderful to read your comments and feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.